Friday, November 15, 2013

Cod Liver Oil

I have read that people under stress and people from Northern climates require more Vitamin A. Vitamin A from beta carotene (like carrots) is great, but you still have to convert it to Vitamin A in the body, which quite a bit of effort in the body.

A great way to get Vitamin A is from Cod Liver oil. There are many sources and only a few are approved on the GAPS diet . However, I experimented with fermented cod liver oil and found that taking regular CLO was just fine. But it has to be good quality: Carlson Norwegian Cod Liver Oil is what I've been using, and I like it. It's easier to take than the fermented paste, and I don't mind the lemony taste. I take a swig once or twice a day and especially after eating, as the fat in the Vitamin A will help me absorb more minerals from my food.

No comments: